- Michigan just barely lost to the #1 Ohio State Buckeyes.
- Michigan was pissed off for not being in the championship game and would take out their frustrations on USC.
- The Big-10 is one bad-ass conference
- USC was coming off a bad loss to UCLA which would be too hard to recover from.
- The Pac-10 hasn't been doing so well in bowl games
- USC was jinxed and can't win in the Rose Bowl
What everyone forgot about was the Trojans have the best coach in college football. Pete Carroll got his team to shake off the UCLA loss and focus on Michigan. Carroll also did a much better job at making adjustments at halftime where the Wolverines, it seemed, were content with a 3-3 score that would turn in their favor by physically wearing down the Trojans.
Good job Trojans and I can't wait until next season.