Friday, February 02, 2007

Superbowl

I think I've heard and watched about 10 different analysts explain how the Bears can beat the odds and beat the Colts in the Superbowl, this Sunday.

The Colts have the better quarterback, the better offensive line, and the better receivers. The Colts have the better defensive line and they are probably about equal at the linebacker position. The Colts have the most consistent place kicker in the game. The game will not be played in sub-freezing temperatures.

Anything can happen but I have to go with the favorite here. I predict it to be a close, tough defensive battle in the first half, but the Colts offense will prevail in the second half and win easily. Final score: Colts 34 Bears 13.

Of course, I've been mostly wrong this entire postseason.

4 comments:

Erik said...

Odds are you are right I think I must be smoking something to pick the Bears (no I'm not) but we will find out in a couple of hours.

Robert E Wilson said...

As I watch the pregame talk, I wonder who the Bears are playing. Virtually the entire last hour has been devoted by the CBS analysts to Grossman, Urlacher, and Lovie Smith. I've heard about 5 reasons why the Bears can win the game. Maybe these sports guys have run out of things to say about the Colts from the past years.

Robert E Wilson said...

The Bears got manhandled, outplayed, outhustled, and outcoached. The only thing they can say is that they didn't get blown out on the scoreboard. They were clearly the second-best team on the field.

The Bears were the best team in the NFC but nowadays, that is a dubious honor. Believe me when I say how much that hurts to admit, as I am an NFC guy. The Patriots, Ravens, and even the Chargers would have all beaten the Bears.

Erik said...

AFC is definately the better conference. Congrats you were close to your prediction. I don't believe I fell into the hype like that but with the unexpected rain I thought it was perfect. Rex Grossman is probably one of the worst Super Bowl qb's of all time.