Now that we are about 1/3 of the way through the season, here's my up to date rankings:
1. Bears - No team dominates every single game but other than Monday night, they have been impressive.
2. Colts - They've struggled quite a bit, but are always on top at the end.
3. Seahawks - No Superbowl hangover for them.
4. Chargers - Perhaps the most talented team in the NFL. Too bad they have such an average head coach.
5. Giants - They have a very difficult schedule. I still consider them an elite team.
9. Saints - The surprise team of the year.
15. Steelers - They look like the team with the Superbowl hangover.
21. Cardinals - Almost a good team. Watch out for them.
22. Buccaneers - One of the two disappointments this year.
23. Packers - Let Aaron Rogers have shot at it. Favre is done.
26. Lions - Another team that has to get past it's losing ways. They are dangerous.
28. Texans - Think the Houston fans are unhappy about the decision not to pick Bush?
29. Dolphins - The other team that has really disappointed.
30. Browns - In their usual spot.
31. 49ers - Occasionally show improvement but aren't consistant.
32. Raiders - I can't say I'm disappointed that the two worst teams are from the bay area.
I'll post these every few weeks. My initial Superbowl prediction of Steelers vs. Giants is pretty shaky, but there is a lot of season left.